Opalescence Go®Prefilled Whitening Trays - 10% & 15% Hydrogen Peroxide
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Return Policy Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. See full details
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days, with the exception of machines under warranty. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
Opalescence Go is the perfect option for patients who are looking for convenient, ready-to-go whitening. A professional whitening gel delivered in prefilled, disposable trays, Opalescence Go features the enhanced UltraFit™ tray and can deliver dramatic results in as little as 15 minutes per day. The UltraFit tray sets Opalescence Go apart with its unique material that warms with the temperature of the body so that it comfortably molds and adapts to any patient’s smile for an even more effective and enjoyable whitening experience. With no impressions, models, or lab time required, Opalescence Go is the professional alternative to less-effective over-the-counter options and is an excellent introduction to whitening as well as a perfect follow-up to in-office whitening.
- New unique UltraFit™ tray conforms and adapts to any patients’ individual smile, providing an extremely comfortable custom-like fit
- Molar-to-molar coverage ensures the gel comes in contact with more posterior teeth
- UltraFit tray's superior adaptation ensures the maximum amount of gel stays in contact with the teeth during whitening
- Available in 10% hydrogen peroxide (with wear times from 30–60 minutes) and 15% hydrogen peroxide (with wear times from 15–20 minutes)
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride)
- Delicious Mint and Melon flavors
- Convenient prefilled trays can be worn right out of the package
- Optimal gel quantity provides excellent results and can be brushed away easily after whitening
- Sleek packaging provides superior stability, shelf life, and branding
Indications for Use
Before and After Opalescence Go
UltraFit™ TrayThe all-new UltraFit is made of a unique, highly adaptable material that comfortably conforms to any patient’s arches. The tray material responds to the internal body temperature of the patient and begins to mold around the occlusal surfaces and into the interproximal spaces. The UltraFit tray also provides superior coverage buccal to lingual and ensures that the maximum amount of whitening gel remains on the teeth during whitening.
Convenient Ready-To-Go WhiteningFor the patient who demands the convenience of a whitening treatment that can be performed anywhere, Opalescence Go is the answer. With no need for custom trays or extra accessories, Opalescence Go can easily be carried in a pocket or bag, and its discreet tray material makes it possible to whiten with Opalescence Go just about anywhere.
Patented Sticky, Viscous GelIt’s important that patients be comfortable while they whiten so they’ll be consistent with their treatments. With Opalescence, your patients don’t have to worry about gel ending up where it’s not supposed to go. Our original, patented formula is sticky and viscous, so it stays where it’s placed, preventing the gel from migrating during treatment and helping keep the custom tray in place.
Superior StabilityOpalescence products are among the most stable whitening products in the industry, each maintaining virtually all of its effectiveness over the course of its shelf life.3,4 Because delivery times vary depending on the location of each particular dental office, Opalescence products are formulated with transit time in mind, so they remain stable even after being shipped across the country. In fact, stability studies performed on Opalescence tooth whitening gels have shown that the peroxide potency at the end of the product’s shelf life is consistently 90% or greater.
Formulated with 20% WaterMany whitening products on the market dehydrate teeth, resulting in uncomfortable sensitivity for patients. Opalescence Go is made up of 20% water to keep the teeth hydrated during the whitening process. This high water content, combined with optimum levels of potassium nitrate and fluoride, reduce the likelihood of residual sensitivity for your patients.
Gluten Free and Kosher CertifiedOpalescence products are gluten free and kosher certified, so they fit in with the lifestyles and beliefs of patients from any background.
Sweetened with XylitolEvery Opalescence product is sweetened with xylitol, a noncariogenic sweetener, to promote increased oral health.
Perfectly Balanced pHBecause tooth-whitening gel can be in the mouth for several hours at a time, it’s important to use a product with a pH that closely matches the natural pH of a patient’s mouth. When the mouth has a lower pH (between 5.5 and 6.5), bacteria can begin to flourish. Carbamide peroxide releases a byproduct called urea, which raises the pH level of the mouth to a neutral level (between 7 and 8).5 The active whitening agent in Opalescence Go is hydrogen peroxide, but to help maintain neutral pH levels, it also includes added carbamide peroxide.
Sold Directly to Licensed Dental Professionals OnlyOpalescence is committed to supporting the dental community. Because tooth whitening is most successful when supervised by a dentist, Opalescence is sold directly to licensed dental professionals only. It’s important for dentists to ensure their patients understand the whitening procedure, have realistic expectations of the outcome, and have an enjoyable experience so they are pleased with the final result.
Easily Combined with Other Opalescence Products for Customized TreatmentsWhile each Opalescence product is effective in a stand-alone whitening regimen, many patients prefer to use a combination of treatments or products to meet their needs. Because every Opalescence product works in combination with the others, it’s easy to create a custom regimen for any patient.
Unmatched QualityThe names Opalescence and Ultradent are synonymous with quality. All of our research and development is done in-house. So is our manufacturing and quality control. This allows us to guide and oversee the entire process—from the time an Opalescence innovation is conceived to the time it’s created and packaged for shipping. We have met the strictest standards, and our facility is ISO 9001 certified. All of this ensures every product performs exactly as it’s supposed to for you and for your patients.
Made in the USAOpalescence gels and syringes are manufactured at Ultradent’s facility in Utah. By purchasing products manufactured in the USA, you’re supporting our nation’s economy, and you’re helping to provide jobs for hundreds of Americans who take pride in what they do. Buying from a USA company like Ultradent also means you’ll get fresh formulations right from our own facility—not a product that may have been held up or delayed by a third-party.
Opalescence Go Patient Step by StepSee a list of products used
Remove from package.
Center tray on arch.
Gently suck down or swallow.
Remove outer tray.
Wear 10% for 30 to 60 minutes, and 15% for 15 to 20 minutes.
Suck down or swallow again.
How does bleaching work?
The whitening process is possible due to the ability of the carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide to freely pass through enamel and dentin and to permeate to all parts of the tooth.6 These peroxides break down into oxygen radicals, which migrate between the enamel prisms, breaking down any colored molecules that result in tooth discoloration. The structure of the tooth is not altered; the internal tooth color is simply made lighter.
Whitening agents break down into tiny molecules and move in all directions, so even if the entire tooth is not covered with gel, the entire tooth is whitened.7
Numerous studies have proven the effectiveness of peroxides in whitening teeth. Enamel, dentin, existing fillings, and bonding materials are not harmed by the whitening materials.
Will whitening affect bond strength?
Even though whitening agents release a great amount of oxygen into the tooth, existing bonds are not weakened.8.9
If whitening before bonding, allow a period of 7–10 days after whitening. The high concentration of oxygen in the tooth could significantly and adversely affect polymerization of the resins.10,11
How long do whitening results last?
Whitening results are very stable, but depending on the patient’s nutrition and lifestyle habits, the procedure may need to be redone periodically. Due to the safety of the whitening agents, this should not concern the dentist or patient.
Will whitening cause tooth sensitivity?
Tooth sensitivity is a relatively common side effect of whitening. If sensitivity occurs, it is transient and disappears after the completion of the whitening procedure.
- Caughman WF, Frazier KB, Haywood VB. Carbamide peroxide whitening of nonvital single discolored teeth: case reports. Quintessence Int. 1999;30(3):155-61.
- Morgan J, Presley S. In-office “power” bleaching of vital teeth as an adjunct to at-home bleaching. Advanced Tooth Whitening, a Comprehensive Guide to Whitening. Prac Perio & Aesthet Dent. 2002;14(suppl 2):16-23.
- Shelf life is dependent on how product is stored.
- Data on file.
- Haywood, VB. Orthodontic caries control and bleaching. Inside Dentistry. April 2010;2–6.
- Haywood VB. History, safety and effectiveness of current bleaching techniques and applications of the nightguard vital bleaching technique. Quintessence Int. 1992;23(7): 471-488.
- Jadad E, Montoya J, Arana G, Gordillo LA, Palo RM, Loguercio AD. Spectrophotometric evaluation of color alterations with a new dental bleaching product in patients wearing orthodontic appliances. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011;140(1):e43-7.
- Klukowska M, White DJ, Kozak KM, Zoladz JR, Baker RA, Garcia-Godoy F, et al. Effect of bleach on microleakage of Class V composite restorations. J Dent Res. 85(Spec Iss B):0035, 2006 (www.dentalresearch.org).
- Angerame D, Garaffa S, Maglione M, Di Lenarda R, De Stefano Dorigo E. Effect of in-office bleaching on Class V composite restorations seal. J Dent Res. 84(Spec Iss A):3013, 2005 (www.dentalresearch.org).
- Wilson D, Xu C, Hong L, Wang Y. Effects of clinical factors during tooth whitening on enamel. J Dent Res. 86(Spec Iss A):2632, 2007 (www.dentalresearch.org).
- Lim B-S, Ryu I, Lee Y-K, Rhee S-H, Yang H-C, Ahn S-J et al. Effect of bleaching agent on shear bond strength to dentin. J Dent Res. 85(Spec Iss B):0036, 2006 (www.dentalresearch.org).