Free Standard Shipping on All Orders $285+
Instructions for Use (IFU)
Product AllergensSee any common allergens this product may contain >>
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
The OsteoGen® Plug by Impladent® is a dental bone grafting plug that combines non-ceramic OsteoGen® bioactive resorbable calcium apatite crystals with a type I bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix. OsteoGen®️ Bone Grafting Strips, also by Impladent®, similarly infuse a bioactive resorbable calcium apatite bone graft into a flexible collagen strip. With OsteoGen® bone grafts there is no need for particulate mixing/packing and no need for a membrane. OsteoGen® Strips also easily conform to the grafting site and eliminate the problems associated with particulate migration. The OsteoGen® bone grafting crystal is a calcium phosphate-based bone graft, with a unique Ca:P ratio. It contains calcium apatite crystals that create a gradually resorbing bioactive structure that mimics the characteristics of real bone and assists in host bone formation.1 It is NOT a β-TCP, a dense ceramic HA, or a biphasic mixture of the two. OsteoGen® bone grafts are radiolucent when placed, but will become radiopaque within 3–6 months when the graft has been replaced with host bone tissue.2
- Non-ceramic bioactive calcium apatite crystals within a type I bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix
- Resorbable—replaced by host bone tissue in 3–6 months.2
- Easy placement—no membrane or particulate mixing/packing required
- OsteoGen® Strips are flexible and easily conform to the grafting site, reducing particulate migration
- OsteoGen® Strips are useful for mineralized collagen covers and scaffolds, sinus lifts, and ridge expansions
- OsteoGen® Plug available in three sizes: Slim, Large, Extra Large
- OsteoGen® Strips available in two sizes: Small and Large
- 4-year shelf life from date of manufacture
- Manufactured by Impladent® Ltd. Jamaica, NY
Dental Bone Grafts Made Simple and Affordable
The OsteoGen® plug by Impladent® is a remarkable one-step dental bone grafting innovation. OsteoGen is physiochemically and crystallographically similar to human bone.1 It is simple to place and, unlike other grafts, with the OsteoGen® plug there is no need to cover the grafted site with a membrane after placement.
OsteoGen® bone grafts are radiolucent when placed, but will become radiopaque within 3–6 months when the graft has been replaced with host bone tissue.2 As it resorbs, the graft will turn from radiolucent to radiopaque. Once fully radiopaque, sufficient host bone has formed and implant placement can now be achieved.2
The collagen matrix that carries the bone graft efficiently absorbs and delivers blood to the graft during resorption—a crucial factor for the successful formation of new host bone tissue. The collagen matrix also provides a scaffold for keratinized tissue to develop over the grafted site.
OsteoGen® plug is available in three sizes to suit any dental bone grafting need. Requiring less time and materials than traditional dental bone grafts, the OsteoGen® plug is the most efficient, affordable, and innovative way to clinically deliver dental bone grafts available on the market today.
Five Steps to Successful Bone Grafting
Flexible Bone Grafting Strips
OsteoGen®️ Bone Grafting Strips by Impladent® infuse a bioactive resorbable calcium apatite bone graft into a flexible type I bovine achilles tendon collagen strip. This innovation eliminates the problems associated with particulate migration or wash out. The flexible strips easily conform to the grafting site and can be used around immediate implant placements.
OsteoGen® Bone Grafting Strips are also useful as:
- A mineralized collagen cover to contain particulates in extraction sites
- A mineralized scaffold for added growth factors or autologous serum
- Sinus lifts, in place of particulates
- Easy and effective ridge expansions
Customers Also Bought
- 1. Valen M, Ganz SD. A synthetic bioactive resorbable graft for predictable implant reconstruction: part one. J Oral Implantol. 2002;28(4):167–77.
- 2. Data on file.
- 3. Frost HM. The regional acceleratory phenomenon: a review. Henry Ford Hosp Med J. 1983;31(1):3-9.