Free Standard Shipping on All Orders $285+
Instructions for Use (IFU)
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Product AllergensSee any common allergens this product may contain >>
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
UltraSeal XT plus hydrophobic pit and fissure sealant is a light-cured, radiopaque, fluoride-releasing composite sealant. It is strong and wear resistant because it is a 58%-filled resin and has low polymerization shrinkage. The spiral in the Inspiral™ Brush tip causes shear thinning of the filled, thixotropic resin, reducing its viscosity as it is placed. The resin firms when shear thinning ceases and placement is complete, preventing the resin from running before it can be light cured. Using PrimaDry™ drying agent with UltraSeal XT plus sealant enhances penetration into pits and fissures1 by eliminating moisture that can cause failure in hydrophobic sealants.
- High retention rate2
- Direct delivery into difficult-to-access areas
- Bubble-free, drip-free placement
- High marginal retention prevents microleakage
- Penetrates deepest pits and fissures
- Four shades: Opaque White, Clear, A1, A2
- Use with Inspiral™ Brush tip
- Certified gluten free
Read Dr. Fischer's letter on BPA.
The Leader for Nearly 15 Years
Before and After UltraSeal XT plus
UltraSeal XT plus Sealant Step by Step
See Instructions for Use for complete instructions, warnings, and precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is UltraSeal XT plus sealant different from other tooth sealants?Yes! UltraSeal XT plus sealant has been the leader in sealants since 1998. It has an excellent retention rate and has always been BPA FREE.
Is UltraSeal XT plus sealant BPA free?
Yes. Ultradent has always been concerned with the potential harmful effects of BPA, and as such has never used Bisphenol A in the production of UltraSeal XT plus or UltraSeal XT hydro sealants.
Can UltraSeal XT plus Opaque White sealant be used as an opaquer?We don’t recommend UltraSeal XT plus sealant be used as an opaquer. Instead, we recommend using PermaFlo™ Dentin Opaquer flowable composite.
What is UltraSeal XT plus sealant’s diameter of filler in micrometers, weight percentage, and density?The average particle size is 1.5 microns, the sealant is 58% filled by weight, and is 1.73g/ml.
Can UltraSeal XT plus sealant be used to splint two teeth together?When performing periodontal splinting, it is wise to consider a reinforced restoration such as Ribbond or GlasSpan in conjunction with the restorative material. When either of these products is used, UltraSeal XT plus sealant can be used as the restorative material. Flow characteristics may be addressed with a more viscous material such as PermaFlo flowable composite, which is a 68%-filled resin.
Is it true that Sealants for Smiles uses UltraSeal XT plus sealant?Yes. Sealants for Smiles is a nonprofit organization that provides oral health education and tooth sealants to children in lower-income schools. Nonprofit organizations are subject to more stringent standards on the type and quality of materials used in their programs. One of the reasons Sealants for Smiles opted to use UltraSeal XT plus sealant was because of its long-standing reputation in the dental field.
Research & Studies
Two-year retention and caries rate of UltraSeal XT and Fluorshield light-cured pit and fissure sealants.
Boksman L, Carson B. Two-year retention and caries rate of UltraSeal XT and Fluorshield light-cured pit and fissure sealants. Gen Dent. 1998;46(2):184-7.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9663075 – Boksman L, Carson B.
Customers Also Bought
- 1. Data on file.
- 2. Martins FV, Santana RB, Fonseca EM. Efficacy of conventional cord versus cordless techniques for gingival displacement: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Prosthet Dent. 2021 Jan;125(1):46–55.
- 3. Data on file.
- 4. Sarkar NK, Caicedo R, Ritwik P, et al. Physicochemical basis of the biologic properties of mineral trioxide aggregate. J Endod. 2005;31:97–100.
- 5. Guimarães BM, Vivan RR, Piazza B, et al. Chemical-physical properties and apatite-forming ability of mineral trioxide aggregate flow. J Endod. 2017;43(10):1692–1696. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2017.05.005
- Adams TJ, Frazier KB, Browning WD. Effect of drying agent use on sealant penetration [IADR abstract 363]. J Dent Res. 2000;79(suppl):189.
- Boksman L, Carson B. Two-year retention and caries rate of UltraSeal XT and Fluorshield light-cured pit and fissure sealants. Gen Dent. 1998;46(2):184-7.
- Reality Ratings. Reality. Reality Publishing Company 1998–2011.