Free Standard Shipping on All Orders $285+
Instructions for Use (IFU)
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Product AllergensSee any common allergens this product may contain >>
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
Consepsis V solution is a viscous formulation of Consepsis™ 2% chlorhexidine antibacterial solution. The viscosity of Consepsis V solution makes it the perfect disinfectant in most cases where you want to have more control than a liquid will give you. Consepsis V solution can be used as an antibacterial agent in the canal(s) between appointments.
Note: Do not use Consepsis V solution in a root canal with sodium hypochlorite, as a harmful brown precipitate will form.
- Designed for endodontic disinfecting purposes
- Stays in place, even in maxillary canals
- 2.0% chlorhexidine gluconate
- Use with a 31 ga NaviTip™tip with Double Sideport Irrigator
- Certified gluten free
Use in Place of Formocresol as an Anti-Bacterial Agent
In case of emergency treatments when there isn’t enough space created to place calcium hydroxide, Consepsis V solution can be placed as the interappointment medicament. Use a 29 ga NaviTip™ tip to express Consepsis V solution in the canal, place a cotton pellet, and seal with temporary cement.
Verify flow of all syringes prior to applying intraorally. If resistance is met, replace tip and recheck. To avoid cross contamination, do not re-use tips.
Disinfecting the Canal
Use Consepsis V solution to disinfect canals during endodontic procedures, as an intracanal medicament, or before obturation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Consepsis V solution with methacrylate sealers?
All of Ultradent's irrigants, lubricants, and medicaments are compatible with methacrylate resin sealers.
Why is Chlorhexidine used in endodontic procedures?
An antibacterial agent, chlorhexidine is ideal for endodontic use due to its ability to bind to hydroxyapatite, creating a long-lasting antimicrobial effect. Chlorhexidine does not replace sodium hypochlorite as an irrigant because it does not break down organic tissue as well as NAOCl.
Customers Also Bought
- 1. Sarkar NK, Caicedo R, Ritwik P, et al. Physicochemical basis of the biologic properties of mineral trioxide aggregate. J Endod. 2005;31:97–100.
- 2. Guimarães BM, Vivan RR, Piazza B, et al. Chemical-physical properties and apatite-forming ability of mineral trioxide aggregate flow. J Endod. 2017;43(10):1692–1696. doi:10.1016/j.joen.2017.05.005
- 3. Martins FV, Santana RB, Fonseca EM. Efficacy of conventional cord versus cordless techniques for gingival displacement: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Prosthet Dent. 2021 Jan;125(1):46–55.
- 4. Data on file.
- 5. Data on file.
- 6. Data on file.