Bonding has been a big deal at Ultradent for a long time. After spending years researching tooth structure, adhesive properties, and maximum bond strengths, our work caught the attention of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Just last year, they adopted our very own shear bond strength testing method as a new ISO standard. We couldn’t be more proud.
From the beginning to where we are today, we’ve made some important strides in bonding-adhesive technology. PQ1TM was developed between 1995 and 1997. We continued on to perfect our bonding and control our synthesis process better, learning that if we swap out the larger filler particles for nanofillers, it aids in thinning for the average user while still maintaining the same high bond strength in the lab. That knowledge is what led to the birth of our Peak line of adhesives.
We’re lucky to live in a time where we can practice adhesive dentistry in a way that is both minimally invasive and also more comfortable for the patient. With our advancements in bonding adhesives, it is possible to bond to dentin and enamel at extremely high values while also virtually eliminating sensitivity, so you can be confident you’re giving your patients what they really want: a healthy, pain-free smile.
The Peak® Adhesive System gives you the choice of a total-etch or a self-etch technique.
Choose your path below to discover which bonding method is right for you!
Peak® SE Primer
Peak SE Primer maintains its stability 120 days after the first application!
A strong acidic content (pH 1.2) gives Peak SE Primer the power to ensure optimal etching
Self-etching primers don’t work well on enamel.
Peak SE works well on enamel. It can achieve higher bond strengths to enamel than competitors!
Actually, Peak SE works well on enamel. It can achieve higher bond strengths to enamel than competitors!
Bright blue color allows for easy visibility
Self-limiting in its depth of etch for reduced sensitivity1
Etchants should penetrate as deeply as possible.
The ideal etching depth is less than 2µm. Ultra-Etch is proven to be uniquely self-limiting in its depth of etch, with an average depth of 1.9µm.
Actually, the ideal etching depth is less than 2µm. Ultra-Etch is proven to be uniquely self-limiting in its depth of etch, with an average depth of 1.9µm.
Peak® Universal Bond
Highest Bond Strength on Dentin and Enamel!2–5
Ideal with total-etch and self-etch techniques and bonds to...
Low filler content
Minimal film thickness gives you a thin, uniform surface that is ideal for bonding
The preparation must be completely dry before applying the bonding adhesive.
Peak Universal Bond works best when the preparation is left slightly damp.
Peak Universal Bond actually works best when the preparation is left slightly damp.
1. Perdigão J, Lambrechts P, Van Meerbeek B, Vanherle G. A FE-SEM study of the ultra-morphology of etched dentin [IADR abstract 2982]. J Dent Res. 1996;75(suppl):390. 2. Price RB, McLeod M, Felix CM. Bond strengths of self-etching bonding systems to dentin and enamel. J Dent Res. 87(Spec Iss A):0825, 2008 (www.dentalresearch.org). 3. Clinicians Report, Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2010. 4. Burgess J, Cakir D. Shear bond strength comparison of six adhesives to dentin with and without the application of chlorhexidine. 2010. Data available upon request. 5. In-house testing shows the superior bond strengths of Peak Universal Bond. Data available upon request.
Peak® SE Primer
Peak SE Primer is a self-etching primer mixed and delivered in the unique JetMixTM syringe. JetMix technology separates precise quantities of strong acid (pH 1.2) and optimized priming resin to prevent the hydrolytic breakdown and degradation that occurs with other self-etch chemistries. Components are kept separate until the clinician activates them. Peak SE Primer is used prior to Peak Universal Bond to achieve unsurpassed bond strengths.
- Top-rated bond strengths by an independent non-profit dental education and product testing institute1
- Delivers fresh, stable chemistry
- Easy, one-coat technique
- Precise and convenient application
- Eliminates the need for mixing wells or brushes
Ultra-Etch is a 35% phosphoric acid solution. It features ideal viscosity, which, along with the use of the Blue Micro or Inspiral Brush tip, facilitates precision placement and superior control. Ultra-Etch is self-limiting in its depth of etch (average depth of 1.9μm with 15-second etch),1 creating an etch pattern that adhesives can penetrate for increased bond strength and reduced sensitivity. Studies demonstrate Ultra-Etch’s unique self-limiting chemistry creates an optimal surface to receive resin.2
- Penetrates smallest fissures but won’t migrate on a vertical surface
- Increases bond strength and reduces sensitivity
- Places precisely
- Rinses cleanly—leaves no residue
“Year after year, Ultra-Etch provides ease of application, instant rinsability, and consistent etch pattern. It is, quite simply, the best!”
Dr. Robert J. Marolt — White Bear Lake, MN
“Ultra-Etch has the perfect consistency. It goes on the tooth nice and smoothly, not too runny or too thick. I’ve tried all the other brands, but I keep coming back to my good old Ultra-Etch. Fun blue color to boot. Ultra-Etch makes etching satisfying!”
Dr. Jeany Lee — Seattle, WA
1. Perdigão J, Lambrechts P, Van Meerbeek B, Vanherle G. A FE-SEM study of the ultramorphology of etched dentin [IADR abstract 2982]. J Dent Res. 1996;75(suppl):390. 2. Perdig.o J, Lambrechts P, Van Meerbeek B, Vanherle G. A field emission SEM study of dentin etched with different phosphoric acid compositions and/or concentrations. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven: Leuven, Belgium; 1994. Clinicians Report, Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2010. 3. Burgess J, Cakir D. Shear bond strength comparison of six adhesives to dentin with and without the application of chlorhexidine. 2010. Data available upon request.
Peak® Universal Bond
Peak Universal Bond’s versatile formulation is ideal for indirect and direct bonding, including post and core procedures. With a 7.5% filler, its viscosity has been optimized for minimal film thickness and superior strength. It contains an ethyl alcohol solvent carrier and will cure with most high-intensity lights, including LEDs.
- Bonds to dentin, enamel, porcelain, metal, composite, and zirconia
- Ideal for indirect and direct bonding, as well as post and core procedures
- Works with self-etch and total-etch techniques and core procedures
- Optimal viscosity eases application and thins to 2μm
- Available in syringe or bottle delivery
“I haven’t had to replace a restoration due to patient sensitivity since I started using the Peak bonding system over 5 years ago. I use Peak exclusively and recommend it highly to all my colleagues!”
Dr. Thomas Germino — Orland Park, IL