Join us July 28–29, 2023 for an Exciting
Ultradent Destination Retreat!
Learn from leaders in the industry while enjoying the best of what Traverse City has to offer.Register Online
$399 per person (DOCTORS ONLY)*
Traverse City, MIchigan | Grand Traverse Resort & Spa***Lodging and transportation are not included in the cost of the retreat
**Ultradent room rates available until June 26, 2023 (only applicable for dates of retreat)
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A LASER DENTIST: USING DIODE LASERS IN RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
Diode lasers are a great adjunct to any restorative practice. Whether it’s utilized in cases where we have deep subgingival decay, used in crown and bridge, or as an adjunct in aesthetic dentistry, diodes have a place in the operatory. Join us as we gain an understanding of diode lasers and the science behind them and demonstrate in video format how the diode is an essential tool for every restorative dentist.
We will cover the following:
- The science behind diode lasers
- The deep subgingival box: sectional matrices and diodes the essential tools
- Diodes in crown and bridge: I can’t live without them!
- Diodes for routine surgical procedures: gingivectomies, frenectomies and more!
Dr. Ron Kaminer
Dr. Ron Kaminer graduated in 1990 from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He maintains two practices, one in Hewlett, NY, and one in Oceanside, NY
SELFIE READY? A NEW GENERATION FOR COSMETIC DENTISTRY: SELFIE CULTURE AND SNAPCHAT DYSMORPHIA DRIVING RECORD NUMBERS TO COSMETIC DENTISTRY
Appearance and self-esteem have long been intertwined. So as our social media and selfie culture continues to grow, it’s no surprise that more and more people are seeking out cosmetic dentistry, actually in record numbers, as a way to enhance their appearance. Young adults and adolescents are particularly susceptible.We need to respond with conservative ways to satisfy our patient’s desires for ideal smiles. This course will look at cosmetic dental issues that are of particular concern to our teenage and young adult patients: tooth color and staining issues, post orthodontic refinement of smiles, spacing and crowding, misshapen teeth, and soft tissue considerations. Conservative options and step-by-step treatment will be discussed for direct composite bonding, direct composite veneers, and minimal prep indirect veneers. Boost their confidence and boost your bottom line.
We will cover the following:
- Help the dentist gain an awareness of conservative treatment options for teenage and young adult patients who desire enhancement to their smiles
- Discuss how utilizing global smile design principles can enhance treatment options and offer better outcomes
- Learn how the dentist and team can dialogue with these patients and their parents
- Step-by-step directions for completing conservative cosmetic treatments: direct bonding, direct composite veneers, and minimal prep indirect veneer
DR. SUSAN MCMAHON
Dr. Susan McMahon has enjoyed a successful career for over 25 years in the dental industry. Susan is an accomplished cosmetic dentist, national Key Opinion Leader in the dental industry, educator, and author.
$399 per person (DOCTORS ONLY)
100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI 49610
Cherry Capital Airport (TVC)
Hotel/airport shuttle, Uber and Lyft available
Things to Do
After a day of rigorous CE, relax in a Rickshaw ride to the National Cherry Festival in the neighboring city of Acme (No, Wile E. Coyote won’t be there). Or stay in town and experience the fine wine and breweries; and enjoy the views over the famous Sleeping Bear Dunes.
Three Expansive Golf CoursesOn-site Visit their website to Learn More >
Turtle Creek Casino7 Minutes from Hotel Visit their website to Learn More >
Mission Point Lighthouse35 Minutes from Hotel Visit their website to Learn More >
40+ WineriesDistance varies
Some examples are:
- Chateau Grand Traverse - Mari Vineyards
- Brys Estate Vineyard - Bowers Harbor Vineyards