Join us October 20–21, 2023 for an Exciting
Ultradent Destination Retreat!
Learn from leaders in the industry while enjoying the best of what Savannah has to offer.Register Online
$399 per person (DOCTORS ONLY)*
Savannah, Georgia | Andaz Savannah Hotel***Lodging and transportation are not included in the cost of the retreat
**Ultradent room rates available until September 20, 2023 (only applicable for dates of retreat)
ESTHETICS AND LONGEVITY COMBINED
PUSHING THE LIMITS OF OUR DIRECT COMPOSITE RESTORATIONS
What this course proposes is to change the concept that Esthetics is purely artistic and empiric, or that composite restorations are prone to failure. For many years, composite restorations have been perceived as somehow fragile, a short-to-medium term solution. With all the advances in the fields of bonding and lightcuring, this concept should no longer be a reality. Moreover, “esthetics” in Operative Dentistry has been taught as something more artistic than scientific. Often, is left for many dentists the feeling that there’s a lack of information, one that might help planning and executing cases with reliability, predictability and, why not, serenity. Nowadays it is possible to work with emphasis in esthetic procedures in an ethical way, having in mind the patient’s whole oral health, and having by our side predictability of results sustained by scientific evidence, always under the precepts of minimally invasive Dentistry, a long-lasting one.
- Master a new perspective for the placement of anterior composites
- Discuss a different clinical approach to make color matching easy
- Review changes in adhesion and lightcuring: new keys for short-and long-term success
- To use new optical aids in assessing composite aging
- Reduce clinical stress by improving case predictability
- Learn how to simplify composite layering technique
- Updates on techniques and materials for today’s dentistry
- What are the benefits of LASERs for Esthetic Dentistry
DR. RAFAEL BEOLCHI
Dr. Rafael Beolchi majored in Dentistry from University of São Paulo, Brazil, in the year 2000. In 2009 he received his Master’s degree on Biomaterials from the Institute of Energetic and Nuclear Research, from the same University. He teaches around the world, and has presented several lectures and workshops addressing those topics in more than 50 countries. Dr. Beolchi is currently based in Portugal where he applies his clinical and scientific knowledge helping in the development of new and better dental products. He is the author of several articles in Portuguese, Spanish and English, about the topics of direct placed esthetic restorations and Light-curing. He also the author of book chapters on the same fields and collaborates on studies with several other Institutions around the world.
NEW ADVANCES IN DIRECT AND INDIRECT RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
OVERCOMING COMMON PAIN POINTS, PITFALLS, AND PROBLEMS IN PRIVATE PRACTICE
This fast paced, informative session will introduce the participants to several new materials and techniques in restorative dentistry designed to simplify clinical practice and yield predictable, problem free restorations. Various clinical tips and techniques will be introduced designed to eliminate common problems associated with routine clinical procedures. They will include: creating perfect Class II restorations, mastering flawless crown and bridge impressions, enhancing esthetics in anterior direct bonding cases, and proper adhesion and curing protocols. Additionally, techniques to improve clinical outcomes with conventional crown and bridge procedures will be discussed.
- Understand the steps involved in creating the perfect Class II composite restoration
- Master appropriate bonding and curing protocols
- Review appropriate layering techniques to enhance esthetics of anterior bonding cases
- Gain knowledge of modern ceramic materials and understand limitations and strengths of each type of material
- Develop a better understanding of the indications and contraindications of each material
- Learn predictable techniques designed to capture flawless impressions the first time they are attempted
- Improve clinical outcomes of conventional crown and bridge through the use of modern, predictable techniques and materials
DR. MARC GEISSBERGER
Dr. Marc Geissberger is a former full professor and past Chair of the Department of Integrated Reconstructive Dental Sciences at University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry. He is a fellow of the American Dental Education Association’s leadership institute, researcher, as well as a published author in the areas of dental materials, contemporary fixed prosthodontics, and esthetic dentistry.
$399 per person (DOCTORS ONLY)
14 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401
Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV)
Uber and Lyft are available
Things to Do
Noted for its locally inspired experiences and urban vibe, Andaz Savannah is on Ellis Square—steps from City Market, River Street, and great shopping and dining. Start exploring the city from your spacious room or suite, and recharge at the hotel’s chic yet simple 22 Square Restaurant and 22 Square Bar.