Peak™ Universal BondLight-Cured Adhesive with Chlorhexidine (0.2%)
Free Standard Shipping on All Orders $285+
Instructions for Use (IFU)
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Price breaks are offered on most items...
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
Peak Universal Bond adhesive's versatile formulation is ideal for indirect and direct bonding, including post and core procedures. With 7.5% filler, its viscosity has been optimized for minimal film thickness (2μm) and superior strength. Peak Universal Bond also contains 0.2% of chlorhexidine that helps ensure long term bond strengths by preventing the degradation of collagen in the dentin or hybrid layer due to matrix metalloproteinases (MMP).1
- Universal adhesive can be used in all bonding procedures, direct and indirect
- Proven superior bond strengths2
- Available in syringe or bottle delivery
- Use with Inspiral™ Brush tip
- Certified gluten free
Learn more about Peak™ SE Primer »
Highest Bond Strengths to Both Dentin and Enamel
An additional internal study3 conducted by Ultradent’s R&D team tested 15 materials for shear bond strength. Seven specimens of dentin or cut enamel were made for each set. All sets were prepared according to manufacturer’s instructions and bond strength testing was conducted according to Ultradent’s testing methods, which were since adopted by the ISO as a standard for testing. The strengths were recorded and averaged. Peak Universal Bond adhesive recorded the highest bond strengths on both dentin and enamel.4
Ideal for All Bonding Procedures
Saves Time and Money
Contains Chlorhexidine for Enhanced Bond Strengths
Two Delivery Options
Simple Delivery to Superior Bonding
Peak Universal Bond Adhesive Step by Step
See Instructions for Use for complete instructions, warnings, and precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve been a PQ1™ single-resin bonding agent user for a long time. Why would I want to switch to Peak Universal Bond adhesive?Peak Universal Bond adhesive is the result of years of research and development, and there are a lot of advantages Peak Universal Bond adhesive offers. For example, Peak Universal Bond adhesive is only 7.5% filled where PQ1 single-resin bonding agent is 40% filled, yet Peak Universal Bond adhesive offers higher bond strengths than PQ1 bonding agent (71.3 MPa vs. 62.8 MPa, respectively). Also, Peak Universal Bond adhesive works with both self-etch and total-etch techniques while PQ1 bonding agent only works with the total-etch technique. Finally, Peak Universal Bond adhesive includes chlorhexidine (0.2%), which helps ensure long term bond strength.1 PQ1 bonding agent does not.
What substrates does Peak Universal Bond adhesive adhere to?Like its name implies, Peak Universal Bond adhesive is truly a universal bonding agent. It provides excellent bond strengths on dentin, enamel, composite, metal, porcelain, and zirconia.
Can I use a chlorhexidine product like Consepsis™ antibacteral solution in conjunction with Peak Universal Bond adhesive?Yes, use Consepsis after Peak SE Primer or Ultra-Etch 35% Phosphoric Acid and before Peak Universal Bond.
- Breschi L, Maravic T, Comba A, et al. Chlorhexidine preserves the hybrid layer in vitro after 10-years aging. Dent Mater. 2020;36(5):672-680. doi:10.1016/j.dental.2020.03.009.
- Burgess J, Cakir D. Shear bond strength comparison of six adhesives to dentin with and without the application of chlorhexidine. 2010. Data available upon request.
- Data on file.
- Data on file.
- Carrilho MR, Carvalho RM, Sousa EN, et al. Substantivity of chlorhexidine to human dentin. Dent Mater. 2010;26(8):779-785. doi:10.1016/j.dental.2010.04.002.
- Maravić, Tatjana, et al. "Long-term bond strength and endogenous enzymatic activity of a chlorhexidine-containing commercially available adhesive." Journal of dentistry 84 (2019): 60-66.
- Mazzoni A, Carrilho M, Papa V, et al. MMP-2 assay within the hybrid layer created by a two-step etch-and-rinse adhesive: biochemical and immunohistochemical analysis. J Dent. 2011;39(7):470-477. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2011.04.004.
- Siqueira F, Cardenas AM, Gutierrez MF, et al. Laboratory Performance of Universal Adhesive Systems for Luting CAD/CAM Restorative Materials. J Adhes Dent. 2016;18(4):331-40. doi: 10.3290/j.jad.a36519. PMID: 27419246.