Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days, with the exception of machines under warranty. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
Ultra-Etch etchant is a 35% phosphoric acid solution. It features ideal viscosity, which, along with the use of the Blue Micro™ or Inspiral™ Brush tip, facilitates precision placement and superior control. Ultra-Etch etchant is self-limiting in its depth of etch (average depth of 1.9μm with 15-second etch),1 creating an etch pattern that adhesives can penetrate for increased bond strength and reduced sensitivity. Studies demonstrate that Ultra-Etch etchant's unique self-limiting chemistry creates an optimal surface to receive resin.2 Though Ultra-Etch etchant is viscous, it can penetrate into the smallest fissures or occlusal surfaces due to physical and chemical properties that promote capillary action. Its ideal viscosity maintains a layer thick enough to prevent premature drying.
- Penetrates smallest fissures but won’t migrate on a vertical surface
- Increases bond strength and reduces sensitivity
- Places precisely and rinses clearly
- Rinses cleanly—leaves no residue
Easy Placement and Removal
The Industry Leader for Over 20 Years
Ideal for Etching Dentin and Enamel
Self-Limiting Chemistry Creates Optimal Surface
Frequently Asked Questions
I prefer to use the self-etch technique when bonding. Can I use Ultra-Etch etchant for self-etch bonding procedures?No. Ultra-Etch etchant is intended to be used only with the total-etch technique. For the self-etch technique, we recommend using Peak™ SE Primer, which is followed by the use of Peak™ Universal Bond adhesive.
What is the chemical makeup of Ultra-Etch etchant?35% phosphoric acid.
Can Ultra-Etch etchant penetrate occlusal grooves?Yes. The optimal viscosity of Ultra-Etch etchant allows it to work its way into even the smallest fissures on the occlusal surface of the teeth.
Does Ultra-Etch etchant contain glycerin?No.
Can Ultra-Etch etchant be used on both dentin and enamel?
How long should I leave Ultra-Etch etchant on the tooth?On both dentin and enamel, leave Ultra-Etch etchant on the tooth for 20 seconds to achieve optimal etch patterns.
- Perdigão J, Lambrechts P, Van Meerbeek B, Vanherle G. A FE-SEM study of the ultra-morphology of etched dentin [IADR abstract 2982]. J Dent Res. 1996;75(suppl):390.
- Perdigão J, Lambrechts P, Van Meerbeek B, Vanherle G. A field emission SEM study of dentin etched with different phosphoric acid compositions and/or concentrations. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven: Leuven, Belgium; 1994.
- “Can’t Live Without” Clinical Research Associates Newsletter, Volume 21, Issue 7, July 1997.
- Syrop J. Tried & True Products: Ultra-Etch. Dental Product Shopper. 2008;2(6):76-77.