This amount is an estimate based on retail price. The actual amount due (shown at the final stages of your order) may be different from what is displayed here.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase with a return authorization number on the outside and inside of the return box will be credited 100%. Product returned between 31 and 60 days from purchase date is subject to a 20% restocking fee. Ultradent will not accept returns after 60 days, with the exception of machines under warranty. Errors in shipment must be reported within 14 days of invoice date. All return authorization numbers become invalid 90 days after date of issue. A return authorization number must accompany all returns to receive proper credit. Please contact Customer Service at 800.552.5512 for assistance.
The OsteoGen® Plug by Impladent® is a dental bone grafting plug that combines non-ceramic OsteoGen® bioactive resorbable calcium apatite crystals with a Type I bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix. The bone graft crystals are contained within the collagen matrix, allowing for simple and effective placement without a membrane or the need to mix and pack the graft. The bioactive calcium phosphate crystals create a structure that mimics the organic and inorganic characteristics of actual bone. This resorbable quality allows the structure to be replaced by host bone tissue within a few months. The collagen matrix also absorbs and delivers blood to the graft during resorption, a crucial factor for the successful formation of new bone tissue, and provides a scaffold for keratinized tissue to develop over the grafted site. The OsteoGen® bone grafting plug is radiolucent when placed but will become radiopaque within 3–5 months (when it has been replaced with host bone tissue). Implant placement can then be achieved.
- Non-ceramic bioactive calcium apatite crystals within a Type I bovine achilles tendon collagen matrix
- Easy placement: no membrane or particulate mixing/packing required
- Resorbable: replaced by host bone tissue in 3–5 months
- Radiolucent upon placement
- Radiopaque within 3–5 months
- The OsteoGen® crystals are a calcium phosphate-based bone graft that is NOT a β-TCP and NOT a dense ceramic HA, nor is it a biphasic mixture of the two. OsteoGen® has a unique Ca:P ratio that mimics the composition of human bone.
- Slim size: 6 mm x 25 mm—available in 5pk or 10pk
- Large size (most popular): 10 mm x 20 mm—available in 5pk or 10pk
- Extra Large size: 15 mm x 20 mm—available in 5pk
- 4-year shelf life from date of manufacture
Dental Bone Grafts Made Simple and Affordable
The OsteoGen® plug by Impladent® is a remarkable one-step dental bone grafting innovation. It contains calcium apatite crystals that create a gradually resorbing bioactive structure that mimics the characteristics of real bone and assists in host bone formation. It is simple to place and, unlike other grafts, with the OsteoGen® plug there is no need to cover the grafted site with a membrane after placement.
The collagen matrix that carries the bone graft efficiently absorbs and delivers blood to the graft during resorption—a crucial factor for the successful formation of new host bone tissue. The collagen matrix also provides a scaffold for keratinized tissue to develop over the grafted site.
Over 3–5 months, the bone graft will gradually be replaced by host bone tissue. As it resorbs, the graft will turn from radiolucent to radiopaque. Once fully radiopaque, sufficient host bone has formed and implant placement can now be achieved.
OsteoGen® plug is available in three sizes to suit any dental bone grafting need. Requiring less time and materials than traditional dental bone grafts, the OsteoGen® plug is the most efficient, affordable, and innovative way to clinically deliver dental bone grafts available on the market today.
Five Steps to Successful Bone Grafting
- Frost HM. The regional acceleratory phenomenon: a review. Henry Ford Hosp Med J. 1983;31(1):3-9.