Join us October 14–15, 2022 for an exciting Ultradent Destination Retreat!
Learn from leaders in the industry while enjoying the best of what Austin has to offer.
To register call 800.520.6640
Price: $399 per person
AUSTIN, TX | lakeway resort | BLOCK AVAILABLE
The Simplified Use of Diode Lasers in Restorative Dentistry
Diode lasers are the perfect adjunct to any restorative dental practice. Proper use of a diode laser requires understanding of the science and some basic tips to minimize the learning curve. Join us as we make you a laser expert in a day so that you can immediately incorporate diodes into your practice.
During this portion of the program practitioners will understand:
- The basics of laser science as it relates to clinical practice
- Direct restorative dentistry with adjunctive use of a diode laser
- Indirect restorative dentistry with adjunctive use of a diode laser
- The proper use of the diode laser in dental hygiene!
- Photobiomodulation: Why would I want to do this in my practice?
Dr. Ron Kaminer
Dr. Ron Kaminer graduated in 1990 from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He maintains two practices, one in Hewlett, NY and one in Oceanside, NY.
Direct Esthetic Dentistry: New Materials and Techniques for Imperceptible Anterior Restorations
For many years, esthetics in operative dentistry has been taught as something more artistic than scientific. Often, many dentists are left feeling that there’s a lack of information that might help planning and executing cases with reliability, predictability and, why not, serenity. What this course proposes is to change the concept that esthetics is purely artistic and empiric.
Nowadays it is possible to work with an emphasis in esthetic procedures in an ethical way, keeping in mind the patient’s whole oral health, and having predictable results sustained by scientific evidence, always under the precepts of minimally invasive dentistry. It is important to understand the patient’s complaints, and also know the techniques and materials that we currently have available.
Regarding any esthetic rehabilitation, we must always focus on the minimally invasive dentistry. For the dentist that aspires to advanced esthetic procedures with dental composites, it is paramount to know properties of both composite and tooth; more specifically, their mechanical and optical properties. This knowledge affects not only the immediate behavior of the material, but also the reliability of a long-lasting restoration. Furthermore, only by knowing the composite will we be able identify which materials would be able to reproduce even the smallest anatomical and optical details of the natural tooth.
- Master a new perspective for the placement of anterior composites
- Discuss a different clinical approach to make color matching easy
- Review changes in adhesion and light curing—new keys for shortand long-term success
- Reduce clinical stress by improving case predictability
- Learn how to simplify composite layering techniques
- The benefits of lasers in esthetic dentistry
Dr. Rafael Beolchi
Dr. Rafael Beolchi majored in dentistry at the University of São Paulo (USP) and has maintained a private practice since 2001, working mainly in esthetic dentistry and oral rehabilitation.
Friday October 14, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday October 15, 2022
9:00 a.m. – Noon