Join us November 11–12, 2022 for an exciting Ultradent Destination Retreat!
Learn from leaders in the industry while enjoying the best of what Chicago has to offer.
To register call 800.520.6640
Price: $399 per person
chicago, il | SHERATON SUITES | BLOCK AVAILABLE
The Simplified Use of Diode Lasers in Restorative Dentistry
Diode lasers are the perfect adjunct to any restorative dental practice. Proper use of a diode laser requires understanding of the science and some basic tips to minimize the learning curve. Join us as we make you a laser expert in a day so that you can immediately incorporate diodes into your practice.
During this portion of the program practitioners will understand:
- The basics of laser science as it relates to clinical practice
- Direct restorative dentistry with adjunctive use of a diode laser
- Indirect restorative dentistry with adjunctive use of a diode laser
- The proper use of the diode laser in dental hygiene!
- Photobiomodulation: Why would I want to do this in my practice?
Dr. Ron Kaminer
Dr. Ron Kaminer graduated in 1990 from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He maintains two practices, one in Hewlett, NY and one in Oceanside, NY.
The Importance of Early Preventive Care
Poor oral hygiene contributes to decreased quality of life in both children and adults in the United States and worldwide. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that in the United States, tooth decay affects children more than any other infectious disease, and nearly one-third of adults have untreated tooth decay. While the prevalence of tooth decay poses a threat to the health of children and adults, tooth decay is preventable with good oral hygiene practices. Education, regular visits to the dentist, and healthy oral hygiene habits work together to prevent tooth decay and other oral diseases.
During this portion of the program practitioners will:
- Recognize the importance of early preventive care and common causes of dental disease
- Understand dental caries and prevention, along with proper sealant placement
- Discuss Coronal Polishing Techniques and the characteristics of disposable prophy angles
- Learn how a bright smile not only presents a healthy impression but also increases one’s interest in oral hygiene
Shannon Pace-Brinker, CDA, is an international speaker, published author, and practicing dental assistant for over 30 years. She has published hundreds of articles in regards to Clinical Application and taught thousands of dental assistants across the U.S. and Canada.
Shannon has taught at the Nash Institute, Dawson Academy, and Spear Education, instructing through both lectures and hands-on courses.
Friday November 11, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday November 12, 2022
9:00 a.m. – Noon