Thermo Clone impression material is temperature sensitive. This means that as the temperature of the material increases, the setting time decreases. We call this Thermal-Accelerated Set.
At room temperature, Thermo Clone material stays malleable, with a working time of up to 1:30. Once the tray is placed in the patient’s mouth, the material rapidly begins to set due to the increased temperature. This accelerated setting time means there’s less chance of distortion. See below for a comparison of setting times for Thermo Clone material versus a leading competitor. Both tests were conducted on heavy body fast set materials. The materials were placed into an environment that simulated a patient’s mouth and were continually tested to determine the setting stage.
Note: The Critical Zone denotes the time between when the material starts to set intraorally and when it is completely set. This is when distortions most often occur, resulting in extra lab work, poorly fitting restorations, and costly retakes.
- Thermo Clone material has a working time of up to 1:30.
There is no minimum working time; Thermal-Accelerated Set ensures that the material begins to set as soon as it is placed in the patients’ mouth
- Thermo Clone material is out of the critical zone in 80 seconds.
- In this data set, Themo Clone material was fully set 90 seconds after
being placed in the simulated mouth.*
- The competitor’s material has a maximum and minimum working time of 35 seconds. The material begins to set at the same time regardless of when it is placed in the mouth.
- The material stays in the Critical Zone for 3:30.
3. In this data set, the material was completely set 3:55 after being placed in the simulated mouth.
Thermo Clone VPS material is hydrophilic, which means it works best in the oral cavity. The Thermo Clone material will spread out flat on all moist surfaces, capturing exact details of the teeth.
High Tear Strength
Thermo Clone is designed to have a high tear strength, so you can remove the impression confidently from the patient’s mouth without having to worry about breaks or tears.
Excellent Dimensional Stability
The dimensional stability of Thermo Clone ensures the impression arrives at the lab in the same condition it left your office.