Ultrapak cord is made of 100% cotton, knitted into thousands of tiny loops to form long, interlocking chains. This unique knitted design exerts a gentle, continuous outward force following placement, as the knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement occurs in 1–3 minutes. Ultrapak E is impregnated with racemic epinephrine hydrochloride.
- The original knitted cord
- Provides rapid tissue displacement, detailed margins, and quality impressions
- Facilitates easy packing and stays placed better than any twisted or braided cord
- Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction
- Does not entangle in diamond bur
- Bright colors facilitate easy location and removal
- Available with or without epinephrine*
- High carbon steel blade ensures a clean cut
- Thin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting
- Ruler printed on label provides easy cord measurement
Ultrapak cord is used for rapid tissue displacement prior to impression-making and can also be used to deliver ferric sulfate solutions subgingivally for sulcular fluid control. Ultrapak is designed to enhance ViscoStat, Astringedent, and Dento-Infusor tissue management techniques. Conventional techniques using alum, aluminum chloride, etc. are also enhanced when using Ultrapak plain knitted cords, which carry significantly greater quantities of hemostatic solution than conventional cords.
Listed as a “CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT” product by a prominent independent research institute.2
*Note: Do not use Ultrapak E or other epinephrine preparations with ferric sulfate solutions, including ViscoStat, Astringedent, and Astringedent X, as a blue/black precipitate will occur. Ultrapak with Epinephrine is not available in all countries. 1 www.realityesthetics.com 2 “Can’t Live Without” Clinical Research Associates Newsletter, Volume 21, Issue 7, July, 1997.